Saturday, October 16, 2010

Goats and Gifts

As you might know from our previous post, it was me and Isaac's 5 year anniversary this week. Each year we've made it a tradition to go to Tanner's Orchard and this year was no different. I think going to Tanner's is a MUST fall activity. We love picking out the perfect pumpkin, walking arm and arm through the yummy market, and taste testing the different apples. I swear I walk out of that place with armfuls of food every year. This year I decided that I needed apples (to make a pie, of coarse...yet I've never made a pie in my entire life), a loaf of garlic bread, raspberry scones (which were the most amazing things I've ever tasted), a dozen apple cider doughnuts (a staple purchase when you go to Tanner's), some blueberry muffins, and four cute little gourds to decorate the kitchen. It was the best 2 pounds I've ever gained!

However, Isaac's personal favorite thing to do at Tanner's (besides eat) is play with the goats. Yep, he loves them. Here are a few videos from the past 2 years of Isaac and his goats.


video

video

Since we've been engaged, we've been very practical in our gift giving and had very practical gifts in mind to give each other. I guess my gift to Isaac isn't so practical in the price department but considering he was using 3 fans at night, I figured he should consolidate space and energy and use one cool looking fan instead (plus I got it on sale!). DYSON. It enchanted us. A company on the edge of technological genius.


Isaac has had this fan turned on for hours and hours everyday since I gave it to him and it works like a dream. DYSON had become our new best friend. However, I had only dreamed about owning a DYSON vacuum because the hefty price (over $500) was a little more than I was willing to part with for a vacuum of all things, but one fateful day we walked into the heavenly store of Macy's and stumbled upon a DYSON vacuum listed for 40% off of the sale price! The salesperson was quick to inform us that if we opened a Macy's card we could get an additional 15% percent off. I never thought in my life that I would ever get excited about a vacuum, but after doing some research and realizing that this is a top of the line vacuum with a 4.8 out of 5 star rating, I couldn't wait to take it home and vacuum with it! After all the discounts and store cards, we ended up getting this little beauty for 70% off!!!!! Just thinking about the price we paid for a $500 vacuum makes me do a little jig on my nice fluffy clean carpet. Thank you Isaac! Happy Anniversary to me. Happy Anniversary to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment